Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Coasters

Well I am now going to try and do a few daily blogs. After all, as a teacher I get the summer off so might as well eat up my time one way or another (It's a hard life I know :) ).
I want to talk today a little about coasters. My complaint is that having not broken a coaster for many years, in one week I managed to break two. More annoyingly, they weren't mine. Whilst on my hols I suffered from innocently picking up my coffee and having the glass coaster weld itself to the bottom of the mug. Then it waited till it was over the hard tiled floor before commiting coaster suicide.
Only a week later, (funnily enough at exactly the same location - think conspiracy) I was feeling compelled to participate (fearing force would be used shortly) in the holiday house clearup. This is commonly known as "Oh my god - How did we make such a mess in such a short space of time?" . So I jumped up and eagerly started to wipe off the crumbs from the cola bottles (sweets), chocolate biscuits and Malteasers (our diet was at least consistent) and in doing so, possibly due to a sugar rush or panic, wiped the coaster clean off the table and once again down to the tiled floor. Oops. Now if that's not enough the house owner (Dan's mum) is likely to conduct a coaster survey at some stage during her stay next week. Cunningly, I thought I would mix and match coasters from several rooms in the hope that this causes adequate coaster confusion. You might wonder why I would be bothered, but Dan's mum in too many ways is "Judge Judy". A lovely woman but someone who you do not want to have a coaster conflict with. I feel I might be sentenced to at least 2 years! Dans told me he won't cover if goes to inquest! Where are your friends when you need them?
Finally, I have bitten the bullet and decided to order my new computer. I was in a catch 22 situation as every online store had some bad press from some website or another. So I just went with the cheapest who seemed to have been long established. I suspect that it will either all go to plan or it will be a disaster. My last two have been disasters. I'll keep you updated.
My plans for the rest of the day (sorry if you are still at work) will revolove largely around going to see "The Wedding Crashers". It is not high on my list of things to see but at least I will get to feed my current Malteaser addiction.
Until tomorrow...
Argy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home